Baby Stats:
Height - 59cm
Weight - 2.9kgs
Gender - Boy
The Story:
I was originally scheduled for a C-section on October 11, 2014, ofcourse like everyone else i have been wanting to know how it feels to deliver a natural birth, but due to the "breech" situation we've had since my 5th month up to the nearing end of my pregnancy my OB opted to have a scheduled CS.
I have consulted a total of 3 OB before my delivery. During the earlier stage of my Pregnancy my OB was Dr. Lim from Mt. Sinai Hospital in Binan Laguna, everything was fine and smooth, the only problem we've had was the long wait we always have to endure during checkups, most of the time Dr. Lim was late for her schedule plus the fact the she has many patients. We are also in doubt of the facilities of the Hospital so we opted to look for another hospital and OB. BTW the estimated delivery package was around 70k all-in, philheath already deducted.
The Second OB we consulted was Dr. J of Sta. Rosa Hospital and Medical Center. At first everything was fine, I went to her for checkups when I was about 7 months pregnant. Unfortunately during the 32th week of my pregnancy I caught chickenpox. Yes, many will say that it was very critical for a pregnant woman to have chickenpox, complications may arise or something bad might happen to the baby. Since we live in Makati, my chickenpox case was confirmed by the doctors in Makati Med right then and there my husband was in constant communication with Dr. J, of course to ask for advise or help, but all she said was she cannot assure us that nothing bad will happen to our baby. So what we did was researched for cases like ours in the internet. Every documentary we have read in Google told us that this virus is only critical during the 1st trimester wherein there is a 2% chance for the baby to have an abnormality or defect, during the last week or 7 days before delivery is also critical since once the baby was born he will eventually catch the virus and might not be able to handle it outside the womb. I was in my 32th week, the safest stage of pregnancy, the baby is fully developed and i will not be delivering anytime soon, the only problem is i cannot take any medicine aside from biogesic for my fever, basically we cannot do anything to lessen the chickenpox or the blisters then the scars eventually. It was the worst 1 month of my life (yes it took 1 month before i got the clearance that I am fully healed). Since i was working, i needed to get the clearance in order to be able to go back to work, I also want to continue with my checkup with the OB, since we all know that once we reached the 7 month mark a every other week checkup was needed, but to my surprise my OB doesn't want to meet with me, she refused to perform checkups and all, i was so disappointed, i have to go to another OB to be able to get my fit to work clearance.
One after church my sister started complaining about her aching stomach, we drop her off to Asian Hospital to be checked, unfortunately the finding was Appendicitis and she confined the same day. We stayed at the hospital for 3 days, during the last day, btw I am on my 37th week during this time, I started to feel minor cramps, it was not that painful actually, but just very unusual. So i told my parents and they were very paranoid about it. I remember my husband telling me not to get confined in Asian Hospital because it is expensive there (hahaha). When my sister was release we went straight home to eat that was Oct 7. That night i still felt some contractions and my mom was very eager to bring me to the hospital so I abide.
In the hospital i was given IE and i was only about 1cm but was advised to stay since Dr. J advised the resident OB that she will perform the operation the next day. Actually i don't want to deliver yet coz I am not yet prepared and i haven't felt any pain, the kind of pain I am imagining to have during actual labor. But then i had no choice. They started giving me the "Suero" which i had to endure 5 times, since they cannot find the vein or the vein explodes, because of that they had to use a small needle just to have it work. the next one was the skin test, this was very painful and i lost my consciousness because of the pain, yes I have that "himatay" tendency whenever i feel intense pain. After that i was wheeled to the labor room, got a shot of sleep medicine then i was out.
At nearly 8 am i was wheeled to the operating room, then anest doc told me that he was going to put the epidural, so i positioned, the moment the needle touched by skin i passed out again, then I didn't remember anything, nor felt anything, nor heard anything. I was thankful that i was not conscious the entire time because I am very scared, I remember requesting my OB to give me "pampatulog" during the operation but she refused since she said that this will also make the baby fall asleep, and she wants the baby awake during the delivery so he can cry.
After a few minutes i think, someone woke me up and showed me my baby, a healthy boy. The first thing i said was "maputi ba?, May buhok ba?" then i fell asleep and woke up in the recovery room few minutes later.
After recovery everything was fine until we checked our hospital bill. A total of 120k, wow, just wow!
We are so disappointed with the bill, coz the actual hospital bill was only 27k, but then the prices shoot up when the doctors placed their Fees (PF), the OB alone charged us 60k. We also confirmed with her during every checkup (3 check up only) about the BILL we should expect, she said that it will only be around 50k to 60k ALL IN then philhealth will also still be deducted that's why we decided to stay with her. My husband even bought her a gift (Expensive bag) coz we thought she will help us so that our bill will not be that expensive.
Lessons learned, i will not recommend that hospital, nor the doctors there because of the fees, It was not a very decent hospital in terms of facilities and all so i think it was unreasonable to have a 120k bill for a 2 and half day stay in the hospital. They are also not Breastfeeding advocate, they did not allow me to see my baby or to feed him for 2 days. Looking at the brighter side, i had a very safe delivery, no complications and all.
PICTURES
5 Months
6 Months
7 Months
8 Months
9 Months
G. D. D










No comments:
Post a Comment