Thursday, January 18, 2018

Mai Life: Financial Planning 101 - Financial Background

Few months before my College graduation I was very exited to graduate and land a job, given that I did not come from a wealthy family (just average) I am very eager to start my professional career because I know it will be my first step in building my financial portfolio.

My parents are traditional, they worked hard to send their kids to school, bought a few properties and provided our daily needs. I can say that them coming from a poor family, being under graduates, they did a great job. They were able to land decent jobs and worked their way up with their chosen profession. Before they turned 50, they are both retired, works from home, mostly paying their bills through passive income. Its a life that I will not complain.

Though I am thankful for the kind of life I've had with my parents, my point of view in terms of financial freedom is different, I am kind of ambitious and aggressive. I wanted more, honestly i want to break the mediocracy pattern in our family, I want to give more to the next generation of our family after me. 

When I say mediocre, it means my vision is to see my children not to experience some of the things I needed to go through especially now that I am starting my family. How we struggled just to have our dream wedding, to have our own house, and to work everyday but still see that its not enough. My greatest inspiration is my own little family, dreaming of how great the opportunity is to be able to provide life's best.

Belonging to the working class is frustrating at times. We have endure daily struggles of traffic, sleepless nights, and all other inconvenience of being an employee.

In my next post I will be sharing the small steps I took in reaching my goal of becoming financially free.

Xoxo, Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment